You may be thinking “I’m too busy with holiday prep, can’t we talk about this later maybe after Christmas or in January, yeah, in January I’ll be ready for this?”
NO. The reason you don’t have time is the reason you need to make time!! NOW is the time you need to start preparing your immune system for battle! Practice and preparation are not for game day – game day is about executing already mastered skills, so we need to get to work.
Your immune system is your body’s Alarm System, SWAT team, and Clean Up Crew all rolled up into one, and it needs time and training to get to optimal performance. If you are living the life of a typical American, your immune system is like a county sheriff in a ghost town, which is why you get sick often – especially around the holidays.
It’s time to get your defense up to LAPD SWAT Standards!!
Before HOW comes the WHY.
It is so important to have a healthy, strong immune system (and just because don’t feel sick doesn’t mean your immune system is healthy!!) because that is the system that protects you from cancers (there are cancers in your body all the time; a healthy immune system neutralizes them, day in and day out for life), auto-immune diseases, pneumonia, the flu, bacteria, viruses, colds, infections, bad food, etc. IT KEEPS YOU ALIVE, so lets give it a chance, eh?!!
Now here’s how to get the boys in blue to top form:
DECREASE YOUR STRESS – case closed, that is all you need to do, because stress crushes your Immune System! Imagine that was your white blood cell (WBC) in the video above and your stressed out ways made it weak and lazy and confused, so he just let that little pathogen go by. That little sucker may replicate every 20 min so within 12 hours 68,719,476,736 of his decedents may be inhabiting your body. This is battle, and you need to be prepared!
Let’s talk about exactly how to Destress and keep your WBC’s ready for anything!
1. Get Adjusted - Spinal subluxations (dysfunctional joints) cause stress.
2. Exercise - Deficiency in movement causes stress (minimum of 6 days a week (anything better than nothing), to the point of moving, sweating, and panting, which can be done in just 4 minutes).
3. Eat your veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts, and healthy meats. Diets deficient in healthy-from-the-earth foods, or toxic with processed, packaged foods cause stress.
4. Master your mental stress. I know, I know, easier said than done…but here’s how to start: Breathing exercises, morning rituals, daily affirmations, and surrounding yourself with positive people boosts your immune system.
5. Get some SUNSHINE. When sun hits your skin, it is able to create Vitamin D, which is a potent stimulator of your immune system (if you live in New England during the winter, TAKE VITAMIN D 1,000-5,000 IU’s).
6. Take Your Basic 4 Supplements. Americans are typically deficient in Omega 3 (fish oil), Probiotics (healthy bacteria), Vitamin D (see above), and an organic, whole food based multivitamin. Deficiency = Stress, so take ‘em! For more info, click on this link.